- Brands: Maduro Coffee & Tea Company
- Product Code: Bali Krishna
- Availability: 2-3 Days
Flavor notes: Chocolate, Grapefruit, Peat, Toffee
Big bodied, if you want to brew a cup that you can stand a spoon up in, this is it. If you're a coffee and cream person, this one is up for the challenge, so go for it.
In Bali, under normal conditions, the harvesting period begins in May or early June. Coffee farmers in Kintamani are strongly organized through Subak Abian, a traditional structure of farmer organization in the upland areas of Bali. SA plays an important role both in agricultural activities as well as religious ones. SA is founded on the Hindu philosophy of “Tri Hita Karana” meaning the three causes of happiness. The philosophy is all about the relation of the individual to God, relationship to others, and relationship to the environment. Looking for Bali on a map? It's right under the A in Jampit on our graphic to the left, and just about that size too.
· Elevation 1200 to 1600 meters
· Origin Indonesia, PNG, Hawaii
· Farmer Smallholder farmers from Kintamani
· Region Kintamani, Bali, Indonesia
· Farm Size Small-holder farmers
· Processing system Hand picked, wet hulled, two-step sun dried on raised beds
· Variety Bourbon,( S795 and USDA 762) Typica, Catimor
· Practices Shade grown organic, RFA, Organic
· Soil Type Volcanic Loam